My Other Posts

Monday, April 22, 2013

Double-Sided Coaster

So I started making hotpads that were nice and thick and double-sided (both sides made at the same time). That was fun, but I wanted to see if the technique could be applied in the round. I looked for a tutorial or pattern but didn't find one. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere I just didn't find it. Sooo... I just went to work and came up with my own. I applied a few new tricks that I learned. I used an invisible join after each round and then I started the new round by wrapping the yarn around the hook and doing a DC from the bottom up so that I didn't have to start by chaining 2. I think that makes them look nicer. 

The coaster pictured below was my practice one. It was made using super cheap really scratchy acrylic yarn :) I have to keep that stuff around to practice on and also because the girls LOVE to make things with yarn :). Now that I know what to do I'll make some more nicer looking coasters and post those pictures as soon as I can get them done. 

Of course you don't have to stop at coaster size. You can do a few more rounds and have a some nice thick hot pads or whatever else. 

I'm not sure I could properly explain what I did in just writing so I'm going to take some pictures to go along with this pattern. It might take a couple of days, but I'll get the pattern up for anyone that wants to try one out for themselves. 








No comments:

Post a Comment